Course title: OSHA Hazwoper Annual Refresher – for 24 and 40 hour Hazwoper trained personnel
Duration: One eight hour day of instruction
What Does Our OSHA Annual Training Offer?
Attendees will receive a copy of the current Emergency Response Guidebook, course manual, and other supporting materials. We strive to provide useful knowledge in a manner that invokes thought and promotes understanding in an interesting way. We strive to teach attendees how to use the regulations, not how to memorize them. Some of the concepts from 29 CFR 1910 that are covered in our class include the following:
- Chemical properties and terminology, recognizing hazardous materials
- PPE selection, classification and limitations
- Understanding exposure levels
- Incident command system
- Basic firefighting terminology and types of extinguishers
- BBP review
- Confined space and permit-required confined space review
- Generic emergency response plans
- Medical surveillance requirements
- Safe work practices and engineering controls
- What are “site specific” training requirements?
- Discussion of NIOSH Guides, The Emergency Response Guidebook, and other valuable resources
- Understanding government agencies and their roles (Environmental, Safety, Transportation, NRC, etc.)
- And much more!
Who Should Attend an OSHA 8 Hour Refresher?
- Anyone who has received initial OSHA Hazwoper training and wishes to keep their training current per 29 CFR 1910.120 (e)(8).
- EH&S Managers and Key Personnel for Large Quantity Generators (LQG) of Hazardous Waste
- Employees of a licensed TSDF
- Employees of a licensed Transporter of Hazardous Waste
- Municipal and Private Sector First Responders
- Geologists and other environmental field personnel working at sites where releases of hazardous materials may have occurred.
- Engineers, consultants, and anyone looking to broaden their knowledge of the subject matter referenced above. This is also a great class for truck drivers and other contractors who may occasionally work at or in a TSDF or an active hazardous waste clean-up site.
Can I receive a Certificate for Hazwoper Refresher Training?
Individuals who attend the classroom instruction and pass the written exam will be issued a certificate of training. It is important to note that there are often site specific training requirements that an attendee must satisfy in addition to the topics covered in our open enrollment class to meet the OSHA training requirement for a particular facility.
Customized Training and Enrollment Options
View a list of our upcoming classes.
If you do not see a course or seminar that matches your need, we can prepare a customized refresher course for private groups which may include all of the facility specific requirements for a specific facility or group. Please feel free to call us at 508-839-0200 for a quote.
You can enroll in a seminar or course in two ways:
1. Purchase tickets online and pay with credit card.
2. Print registration form and mail it in with payment.