DOT, EPA, and Connecticut Hazardous Waste Generator Training
One-Day Refresher Instruction
Duration: One eight hour day of instruction
US DOT Regulations applicable to Hazardous Material Handlers
EPA statutes and regulations applicable to generators of RCRA Hazardous Waste
Connecticut statutes and regulations applicable to generators of Hazardous Waste
Hazardous Waste Training Course Description
This is a fast paced eight hour class providing detailed instruction on the following regulations. Attendees will receive instruction on US DOT Hazardous Material shipping regulations found in 49 CFR including an overview of the hazard class designations, bulk and non-bulk labeling requirements, packaging designations and requirements, and other areas of relevance.
EPA hazardous waste regulations found in 40 CFR are discussed, including instruction on how to identify and classify characteristic and listed wastes, associated paperwork for generators including waste profile sheets, land ban restrictions and instruction on the use of a Uniform Hazardous Waste Manifest.
Connecticut state hazardous waste regulations are explored with a concentrated focus on generator requirements. Topics include state waste codes, recyclable materials, generator status, accumulation and storage, labeling, and record keeping. Universal waste, household hazardous waste and other common exceptions to these regulations are also discussed.
Who Should Attend Our Hazardous Waste Training?
This one day class is ideal for experienced individuals to stay up to date with changes in these regulations Even knowledgeable professionals can walk away with something new or perhaps a new perspective on an old topic. The content is not structured to be industry specific, and is an excellent source of information for all generators and handlers of hazardous materials and hazardous wastes.
- CHMM, CIH, LEP’s or Environmental Professionals looking to broaden their knowledge base on these topics
- Corporate EH&S Professionals
- Truck drivers with Hazardous Material CDL Endorsement
- Drivers of vehicles licensed to transport hazardous waste within Connecticut
- CESQG, SQG, and LQG Connecticut Hazardous waste Generators
- Individuals who in the course of commerce, handle DOT hazardous materials, handle RCRA or state hazardous waste, or are involved with paperwork preparation, review or recordkeeping.
Hazardous Material & Waste Generator Certifications
Attendees will be provided with an optional take-home examination to be completed and returned to RCSNE. Individuals whom have attended the instruction and completed and returned the optional examination will receive certification as follows:
- US DOT Hazardous Material Handler as specified in 49 CFR 172.700
- Certification of instruction on numerous components of non-facility specific hazardous waste generator regulations, as specified in section 22a of the Regulations of Connecticut State Agencies.
- This class may be eligible for continuing education credit within numerous associations and organizations. Feel free to call with specific inquiries.
If you do not see a course or seminar that you are interested in, please call us at 508-839-0200. RCS of New England will design a custom course that meets the needs of your company.